The masters program “Computer Science applied in Medical Imaging” will begin on 01.10.2014 of the academic year 2014-2015. Additional affiliations can be obtained by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
A new masters degree program
COMPUTER SCIENCE APPLIED IN MEDICAL IMAGING
The Master’s Degree Program “Computer Science applied in Medical Imaging” at the Faculty of Informatics of TMU has been accredited by the Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ARACIS).
The Master’s program is organized by the Faculty of Informatics in collaboration with the Faculty of Medicine of TMU, having as main partner the running of this program SIEMENS Romania Medical Division.
The Medical Division of SIEMENS Romania will participate with three specialists in the field of medical imaging and will provide know-how, medical imaging applications, simulators and technological imaging platforms and will facilitate the deployment of 3 internships in clinics and hospitals equipped with imaging equipment State-of-the-art medical SIEMENS.
Master’s Degree in Computer Science applied in Medical Imaging has the form of Full Time Education (FT), being a master’s degree in Computer Science and Health. Courses and laboratories will take place on modules at the end of the week (Friday-Saturday-Sunday) and specialist practice in imaging laboratories in TMU hospitals and partner clinics.
The program is carried out at European academic quality standards, benefiting from professors and specialists in the field, ensuring exceptional study conditions, classrooms and laboratories located in the M corp of TMU.
New methods and approaches to learning, focusing on mastering, skills and results, quality of education, European openings during studies, internships in hospitals and renowned clinics, prospects for integration into the labor market after graduation, The possibilities of personal and professional development are some essential arguments in favor of enrolling in the specialization Computer Science applied in Medical Imaging.
The Master’s program Computer Science applied in Medical Imaging is defined by its innovative, creative, inter-disciplinary character, by its applicative vocation, oriented towards the formation of solid professional skills. By increasing the level of qualification, the Master aims at promoting and preparing high-quality practical master’s degree in this field for the Romanian and European labor force, which will have a positive impact on the quality assurance of health services.
The proposed Master’s program addresses graduates of the undergraduate studies in the fields of:
- Medicine, specialization General Medical Assistance
- Computers, Information Technology and Systems Engineering
- Applied Engineering – Medical Engineering
- Physics and Physics Technology
- Other graduates of profile faculties who want to deepen their computer science knowledge in medical imaging.
The professional skills acquired by graduates of the Masters Degree in Computer Science applied in Medical Imaging will enable them:
- To have interdisciplinary approach, on the basis of in-depth knowledge, either computer or medical, of technologies, software applications and medical imaging equipment;
- To use the knowledge, methods and techniques used in the field of computer science to find theoretical and practical solutions for medical imaging;
- To know the techniques and methods used for the acquisition, processing and reconstruction of medical images;
- To use methods and techniques of visual information analysis and to understand the process of creating images;
- To use complex software applications, databases, DICOM, PACS and / or simulation software used in medical imaging;
- To master how to operate, maintain and maintain the quality and safety of medical imaging platforms (software and hardware);
- To know how to organize and exploit the different types of medical imaging laboratories and their workflows;
- To know national and EU rules and regulations in the field of medical imaging.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Biophysics and medical physics
- Radiology and medical imaging
- Analysis and image processing
- Technological imaging platforms
- Acquisition and analysis of visual information (Computer vision)
- Specialty practice
- Image databases. Basic architectures of PACS and DICOM
- Medical imaging software applications
- Imaging medical equipment
- Specialty practice
- Organization of medical imaging laboratories and quality assurance
- Image processing software
- Specialty practice
Photo: http://healthcare.siemens.com (2013)