The Faculty of Medicine and Dental Medicine organizes and carries out a doctorate of a doctoral degree and the PhD students can obtain the title of Doctor of Medical Sciences in the field of Dental Medicine.
- to systematically and comprehensively understand the field of study and to use the research methods associated with this field;
- to design and implement a research project and to make research management subject to professional ethics;
- to contribute to the advancement of knowledge through original research with a national or international impact, demonstrated through scientific publications;
- critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas;
- communication with the professional community and with civil society in the context of its research field;
- to contribute to the promotion of technological, social and cultural development in the context of a knowledge-based society and economy.