BOARD OF DIRECTORS
No. 151 /13th May 2020
ON SPECIAL MEASURES IN THE CONDITIONS OF RAISING THE STATE OF EMERGENCY ON 15 MAY 2020
– On the grounds of art. 213 paragraph (13) of the Law no. 1/2011 for National Education;
– Pursuant to art. 96 paragraph (2) of the TMU Charter;
– On the grounds of art. 17 of the Regulation on the organisation and functioning of the Board of Directors;
– Considering the Decision of the Board of Directors no. 138 / 18.02.2020, the Administrative Council’s Decision no. 147 / 18.03.2020 and CA Decision no. 150 / 03.31.2020;
– Considering the provisions of Decree no. 195 / 16.03.2020, regarding the establishment of the state of emergency and of the Military Ordinances no. 1 – 8 from March to April 2020,
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
I. REGARDING THE TEACHING ACTIVITY:
Art. 1. The faculty councils are empowered to decide the completion of the courses, seminars and practical works for the second semester of the academic year 2019-2020, as follows:
a) The faculties of TMU, except those of Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy and Nursing Tg. Jiu, until 31st May, 2020;
b) The Faculties of Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy and Nursing Tg. Jiu, until 15th June, 2020.
Art. 2. The semester evaluation (summer session) will take place over a period of three weeks, scheduled immediately after the completion of courses, seminars and practical work.
Art. 3. The faculty councils will take the necessary measures to organise the bachelor’s and dissertation exams, which will take place during July 2020, according to a schedule that will be established and displayed immediately after the end of the state of emergency, with the approval of the University management.
Art. 4. The entrance exams will be organised as follows:
– registrations will start on 1st July, 2020;
– the sitting of the tests related to the admission contest will take place within maximum 30 days from the date of completion of the procedure regarding the baccalaureate exam, according to a calendar, approved by the University’s management, which will be published on the TMU website.
Art. 5. All extracurricular actions (conferences, symposia, etc.), which were scheduled to be held “face to face”, are postponed for the next academic year; the faculty councils can decide to organise these events, in this academic year, by means of distance communication and to publish volumes for the capitalisation of scientific papers.
II. REGARDING FINANCIAL MEASURES (Statement):
Art. 8. The faculty councils will take direct and concrete measures, both for the collection of the outstanding rates, related to the tuition fees, rate I and rate II respectively, as well as for the collection of rate III, with the following specifications:
a) the payment of outstanding taxes of any kind is made without penalties, until 29th May, 2020;
b) the deadline for the collection of the third instalment of the tuition fee is extended until 29th May, 2020.
Payment will be made exclusively online / bank transfer to the following bank accounts
RO90BTRL04301202N01816XX – opened at Banca Transilvania
RO49RNCB0546029228350001 – opend at BCR
Art. 9. (1) The provisions of the Decision of the Operative Executive Bureau no. 6 / 23.03.2020 regarding the accommodation taxes in the dormitory shall also apply for May 2020.
(2) The deposits paid by the students accommodated in the dormitory shall be refunded without the application of the provisions regarding the 15-day notice period.
Art. 12. The above measures will be adapted accordingly in relation to the intervention of justified reasons.
Art. 13. This Decision will be carried out by the management of the University, of the faculties and departments and of all the structures of the University.
CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Prof. univ. Dr. Iosif URS