The Faculty of Psychology, Titu Maiorescu University, was founded in 1991, is accredited by Law 239/2002 and is part of the National Education System of Romania, with all the rights and obligations that follow:
- Provides a university degree program for the 3-year and 3-year form of bachelor’s degree program, and 2 year Master’s degree programs for graduates.
- Apply the European Assessment System by Transferable Credits, ECTS.
- Organizes a bachelor’s degree examination to complete university studies and a dissertation support session to complete masters studies.
Through its study programs, the Faculty of Psychology of Titu Maiorescu University ensures the training of specialists for the following professions:
- Teachers for pre-university and university education in psychology.
- Scientific researchers at the Romanian Academy’s profile institute.
- Psychologists qualified to work in public or private services in the fields of: psychotherapy and clinical psychology, marital and couple counseling, psychological and psychosocial assessment techniques, negotiation adviser, human resource psychology and personnel policies, advertising and publicity psychology, counselor Image, educational and vocational counseling.
Graduates find multiple employment opportunities, such as:
- High schools, universities and training centers for staff in different fields of activity
- Psycho-pedagogical and vocational counseling schools
- Psychological nursing centers in children’s homes, placement centers, help schools and old people’s homes
- Companies testing and selection of staff
- Laboratories and psychology offices organized by state or private economic agents, hospitals, state or private medical clinics, schools, lyceums and faculties
- Advertising companies
- Public opinion polling institute
Through the ERASMUS Program, the Faculty of Psychology provides internships for students at the Paris XIII and Paris VII Universities in the PSYCHANALISM and at Laguna University in Tenerife, Spain, in the field of SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY. Through the mobility projects of ERASMUS teachers, prestigious professors and researchers from the Paris VII, Paris XIII and Laguna-Tenerife Universities hold lectures and conferences at the Faculty of Psychology. The Psychology Faculty has collaborative relationships with other prestigious universities in USA (University of Florida, Charleston Southern University) and Australia (West Australia University – Perth, University of Melbourne).