MASTER PROGRAM “CRIMINALAND FORENSIC SCIENCES”
The mission of the Master’s Degree Program – Criminal and Forensic Sciences
The master’s degree program – Criminal and forensic sciences – has the mission of providing in-depth knowledge on the subjects of undergraduate studies, as well as obtaining complementary skills, ensuring continuous professional training, as well as developing the scientific research capabilities of the master’s graduates. The particular benefits of this specialization consist of the interdisciplinary approach of the legal institutions, but also the approach of the European and international dimensions most needed to researchers and practitioners in the field of criminal sciences and forensics. The mission of education and scientific research undertaken through the structure of the study program is justified by elements of relevance and opportunity in relation to the national classification of professional qualifications and refers to the educational, scientific and professional research objectives. The registered master’s graduates can be lawyers, notaries, public institutions’ employees, teachers, magistrates, scientific researchers. The mission of the Master’s Degree Program in Criminal and Forensic Sciences aims to deepen the study of institutions in Forensics, Criminal Procedure, Criminal Law, Judicial Psychology, and last, but not least Ethics and Academic Integrity, focusing both on theoretic studies and in terms study. By providing an elite team of teachers, master’s students have access to specialized information disseminated by experts in the field. The case law identified during criminal investigations requires the involvement of specialists with solid training in the field of forensics and judicial psychology. The diversity of cases justifies a more in-depth approach to jurisprudence. The aim is to provide graduates with the professional and transversal skills needed for rapid integration into the labor market. Through the subjects approached within this master’s degree, the aim is to develop the theoretical skills of analyzing the norms of law and the psychological processes, but also a practical-applicative dimension by introducing the specialized practice as a distinct subject. In accordance with the legislative developments, the master’s degree in the field of criminal and forensic sciences is intended to be also a training, guided by the most current internal and European standards in the matter by encouraging the master’s graduates to find and propose legislative and institutional solutions meant to serve the judiciary system in the activity of preventing and combating crime.
Objectives of the Master’s Degree Program in Criminal and Forensics Sciences
- Knowledge of forensic institutions and forensic psychology;
- Understanding the implications of Romania’s membership status in different international and European organizations regarding international cooperation in criminal matters;
- Understanding the main methods and techniques of criminal investigation;
- Knowledge and application of national and international norms in the field of criminal investigation;
- Forming multidisciplinary conceptions regarding the approach to the problem of criminal sciences and flexibility in its legal treatment;
- Gaining knowledge and forming practical skills in the field of criminal law and criminal procedural law;
- Correlation of the problems of the complementary disciplines with those of the specialized disciplines;
- Integration of complementary disciplines within specialized disciplines.