ABOUT DISTANCE LEARNING EDUCATION
- What is distance learning education (DE)? – The latest higher education form, characterized by the flexibility of the study programme, which provides the opportunity of initial training, skills upgrading or professional reorientation.
- Who does it target? – It targets both high school graduates and candidates willing to train in a second specialization, thus providing them with the opportunity to continue their social activity and their academic studies.
- What is the development manner of the distance learning education programmes? Under the guidance of experienced teaching staff, based on a number of specific curricula and of didactic materials prepared for distance learning and distributed FREE OF CHARGE to the students.
DISTANCE LEARNING STUDY PROGRAMME
- Tutorial-system based training (periodical meetings with the teaching staff, mostly on non-business days);
- Communication by Internet or other accessible means;
- Self-instruction and self-evaluation system.
MATERIALS USED IN THE DL EDUCATION PROCESS
Each student registered in the LD programme shall receive, after paying the first installment of the tuition fee, an educational package for the specialization os his/her choice, which includes printed didactic materials or in electronic form (CD). For further information please consult the University web site www.utm.ro, namely:
- Rules on the organization and operation of the DL departments of TMU;
- Information on the didactic activities for each term;
- Calendar of the activities and information about the teaching staff;
- Guidelines presenting the DL education programme;
- The bibliography associated to each subject of study;
- Manner of examination;
- Secretariat working hours;
- Scheduling of tutorials and other activities specific for distance learning education.
BENEFITS OF DISTANCE LEARNING
- Free didactic materials;
- Free exam sessions;
- Modern IT technology;
- Specialized teaching staff;
- Validated bachelor diploma;
- Participation to study programmes abroad, through the SOCRATES/ERASMUS scholarship system.