Titu Maiorescu University – The Faculty of Social, Political and Humanistic Sciences in partnership with The Ministry of Culture
International Conference on Horizontal Approaches in Education and Culture in the Context of European Macro-Strategies
30 October 2013 – Bucharest
The International Conference on Horizontal Approaches in Education and Culture in the Context of European Macro-Strategies takes place in the context of the Annual Forum of EUSDR (The European Union Strategy for the Danube Region) Danube Region – stronger together, stronger in the world, a European Union event to be held in Bucharest, on 28-29 October 2013, within the scope of EUSDR. The EUSDR Forum is organized by the European Comission and the Romanian Government.
The Conference is ratified by the Forum organizers in Bucharest and Brussels and is included in the Programme of the event, a programme directed towards an European audience, both within and outside the European Union. The Conference to be held within the scope of the Forum in Bucharest will enjoy the international participation of some of the personalities attending the Forum as well as of members of several diplomatic missions in Romania.
The International Conference is structured into two parts: Plenary Session and Paper Session. In the Plenary Session, foreign guests, representatives of the two ministeries as well as other personalities will give speeches on topics of European and national importance: policies, strategies, European projects for the Danube Region, etc. A selection of papers made by the scientific committee will be included in the Conference Proceedings to be issued in December 2013.
We look forward to papers that address the themes included in the Topics of the Conference. We strongly believe that your participation in both sessions of the event will contribute to the quality and value of the Conference Proceedings.
Associate Professor Sorin IVAN PhD.
Dean, The Faculty of Social, Political and Humanistic Sciences
Titu Maiorescu University
TOPICS OF THE CONFERENCE
- Education, research, and culture – factors of development for a Common Knowledge Space in the Danube region
- Language, Culture, and Civilisation in the Danube region
- Multicultural communication – factor of connectivity, cohesion, and development in the Danube region and at European level
- Education – factor to promote multilingualism, culture, and civilisation in the Danube region
- Cultural diversity and multicultural collaboration – under the sign of unity in diversity in the Danube region
- Directions and strategies for development in education, research, innovation, and culture in the Danube region
- Diversity and multilingualism. Linguistic policies in the EU and in the Danube region
- EUSDR, in the context of EU policies
- International relations in the Danube region. History, present and future perspectives
- Politics and diplomacy in Central and South-Eastern Europe and in the Danube riparian states
- International cooperation in the framework of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region
- The Danube – axis of political, economic, educational, and cultural development
- Mobility, partnerships, projects in the field of academic education and scientific research in the Danube region
Conference languages: English, French.
- The papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings.
- Page limit: 6. Format: Times New Roman, 12, 1.5. Bibliography: APA style.
- Abstract submission deadline: 25 October 2013.
- Final paper submission deadline: 20 November 2013.
Fee: 100 RON
- The conference fee covers the cost of the publication and will be paid upon arrival.
Conference Venue: Titu Maiorescu University – Corpul M, Aula Magna, et. 2, Calea Văcăreşti, nr. 189, sector 4, Bucharest, Romania
830-900: Registration of participants
900-1030: Plenary session (part I) – Harmonizing national education strategies in the states situated in the Danube river basin
- presenting priority area 3 (to promote culture and tourism, people to people contacts) and 7 (to develop the knowledge society through research, education and information technologies)
- development opportunities and the role of strengthened cooperation among the riparian states
1030-1100: Coffee break
1100-1230: Plenary session (part II) – Strengthening Romania’s regional profile within the EU Strategy for the Danube Region, including through priority areas 3 and 7
- developing integrated projects in the fields of education, research, and culture and their macro-regional impact
- financing instruments and project eligibility criteria
1300-1700: Scientific Session
1500-1530: Coffee break